First is the monkey lovie that Alma-Luisa and I made last week for her very good friend from school, Oliver's birthday. Although I did most of the sewing, she made every decision about how it should look; starting with a sketch, then picking out all the fabrics and buttons, positioning eyes and ears and nose and mouth, deciding against arms and tail, etc. This is a girl who knows her own mind, that's for sure, and also she cut out much of the fabric and sewed on all the buttons! I love what she created. When it was finished, she announced, "I'm not going to give it to Oliver. I'm going to keep it." which is, I think, the ultimate sign of success. Luckily, with some convincing, she did wrap it up for him. (All by herself, of course.)
Second, I thought you might like to peek into Lucia's school journal like I did when I was dropping her off this morning. The first one, dated 1/17/13, reads:
I love sowing on a sowing masheen. I like the sound of the sowing masheen when it is on and you are sowing. It is all so fun to sow on it.
The second one, dated 1/25/13, reads:
My nonna is leting my family barow her sowing mowsheen. I love to make things on it. She is staying in my house.
Oh so sweet! I love the drawings too, the little details down to the foot pedal and the fabric running through the 'mowsheen.' I should explain that when she is unsure of a spelling on a word, she circles it. Well, can you tell we are excited about sewing around here? Thanks to Nonna for the use of her machine, Husqie. We are all enjoying it immensely!
No comments:
Post a Comment