Thursday, February 7, 2013

her birthday eve


This sweet little rascal turns 4 tomorrow.  I can't really think about it very much because I will turn into a puddle of grateful, bittersweet tears.  I do want to share with you a recent quote from Alma-Lu.  Something she says a couple times a week lately... 

"Mama, my lips are your butt's favorite lovie."  

I get a lot of kisses on the butt, usually while I'm making dinner.  Not every one can say that.  I know, I'm a lucky gal.  I get kisses other places too and throughout the day.  In fact, more mornings than not begin with kisses that wake me (not on the butt though.)   I hesitate to admit that, this morning, I even grumbled about it:  "Please stop kissing me and let me sleep a little while longer."  Like I said, I'm very very lucky.  This girl has the biggest heart imaginable and a fieriness and strength of character that will serve her well in life, I am sure.  She is pure and strong and joyful and hilarious and clever and oh so rascally!  Life is beautiful with her in my life.  I love her so.  

Happy birthday little bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment