There is a lot of secretive holiday activity going on around here - sewing, knitting, making, wrapping - and some not so secretive - like cutting paper snowflakes which I loooove to do. Today I had my last little window of child-free time before Christmas while Alma-Lu and Lucia were in school, and I'm so pleased with the results. Using the basic idea from this how-to video, I put together a set of bridle and reins for Alma-Lu's horse. (The horse was her present from Santa last year.) They turned out so great! I only wish I could be a little kid again for a day; how I would have loved to play with this! I hope Alma-Lu will get as much of a kick out of it as my inner child does.
Sadly, but for the sake of sanity, I've decided to cross a few items off my gifts-to-make list for this Christmas. A bit disappointing but such a relief. Too many late nights, too much stress. That's not what handmade is all about for me. Don't get me wrong - I still have a million and one things to make and do, but it feels somehow more doable than the million and three things I had planned. Wish me luck!
Hope you are all enjoying a warm and happy holiday season. Happy early Solstice!
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment